Everything You Need to Know About Partner Visas

If you are married or are planning to get married to an Australian resident, they can sponsor you for a partner visa that allows you to live and work in Australia. You, however, need to note some key things:

Temporary/Provisional Partner Visa (Subclass 820) Versus Permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 801)

You are required to first hold a temporary partner visa before being issued a permanent partner visa. The temporary visa allows you to stay in Australia temporarily as you wait for your permanent partner visa, which gives you permanent residency.

It takes two years from the application date for you to be issued with a permanent visa. These two years are used to verify your documents and confirm that they meet the requirements needed to allow you to live and work in Australia. If you don't want to experience a lengthy waiting period, you can always apply for temporary and permanent partner visas at the same time.

There are, however, times when the waiting period can be cut short. If it is evident that you have been married to an Australian citizen for at least three years, you have a child, and other requirements check out, you might get your permanent partner visa quicker.

You Need the Help of Immigration Agents

If you don't want to have a visa application process that will give you a headache for a long time, it is always recommended to use the services of immigration agents, especially if it is your first time.

Immigration agents know all the files needed during the application for each unique individual; ensuring that these files are filled guarantees no time is wasted calling you back to fill out additional forms. It also guarantees that no mistakes are made in the forms.

Immigration agents also know the different things that make candidates unsuccessful in their visa applications. You are averted from these things, meaning that the chances are high that an immigration guided visa application process will most likely be successful.

What Can You Expect from Immigration Agents?

Expect to hold a meeting with your immigration agent. They may ask you questions geared towards understanding where you are from and which visa you are applying for, which in this case, is the partner visa.

The immigration agent proceeds to inform you what is required and asks you whether you might have any difficulty accessing some of the documents required. If you might have some problems, they can advise accordingly. You are also informed of what to expect and how long your application process might take.

To learn more about partner visas, reach out to a local immigration agent.